Tuesday, August 1, 2017

july budget

july budget
july budget: $234.85
third quarter budget: $600 - $234.85 = $365.15 remaining

I came into this month thinking I wasn't going to spend very much money and left it spending more than I intended. Whoops. That doesn't mean I'm not happy with my purchases, but I definitely lost track of my spending. That's one good thing about these budget posts, they keep you accountable!

So without further ado, here's what I spent all my monies on this month:

My love of cardigans continues, especially considering the fact that I bought - and wore - yet another one...in July...in Florida. I got this Loft textured cardigan in an XL and it runs a little big, I probably could have sized down, but I do like it's cozy, oversized feel (see how I wore it here). I also picked up this cute 3/4 sleeve top from Loft - amazingly enough it has enough stretch to wear over the baby bump, but I think it'll work even better postpartum. It's also an XL (see how I wore it here).

One of my favorite purchases this month was this bubble gum pink linen blazer. I picked it up on major sale over the 4th of July weekend for $100 less than the original price, which was an amazing deal. The bright color is perfect for summer and the linen makes wearing a blazer, in the Florida summer half tolerable. For reference, it's a 16 (see how I wore it here).

In my quest to find comfortable shoes for my swollen, pregnant feet, I found these cognac medallion flats from Rack Room. I've never owned a pair of Tory Burch sandals, but these seem like a pretty close dupe. Plus they're comfortable and on sale about a 10th of the price of a pair of Tory's, so that makes them a win for me! I bought them in a size 9 without trying them on and I almost wish I'd gone with a 9.5 to accommodate for swelling (see how I wore them here).

From Old Navy, I scored this black and white stripe jersey pencil skirt (see how I wore it here) and these blush strappy sandals (see how I wore them here). The elastic waistband of the skirt makes it comfortable to wear the skirt over the bump and post pregnancy, I think it'll look cute worn midi length at the waist. For reference, the skirt is an XL and the sandals are a size 9.

Last, but not least, are the maternity maxi dresses. Did I need the exact same dress in three different colors with only two and a half months to go in my pregnancy? Probably not, but seriously, they are the most comfortable things I've worn my entire pregnancy. Soft jersey, elbow length sleeves and flattering to boot. I originally bought the black dress from my grandmother's funeral and loved it so much, I went back for the gray (see how I wore it here) and cobalt. They were such a great deal at only $17 a piece, I don't even feel guilty about it.

And that's a wrap. July was a spendy month, so hopefully I'll be a bit more conservative in my spending for July. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment