Thursday, June 8, 2017

another day, another kimono

purple maternity dress and cream floral kimono 1

Kimonos have become come my maternity outfit best friend. While I haven't been posting all my outfits featuring kimonos, since I don't want to wear you out with all my outfit sameness, it's seriously been a daily occurrence. Kimono with knee-length dresses ✓. Kimono with long dresses ✓. Kimono with jeans  ✓ and ✓. Not something I wore a lot of before pregnancy, I can't help loving how cool and lightweight kimonos are - plus bonus points for how they balance the ever growing belly and add some interest to an otherwise boring outfit. So here am I, in what is likely to be the first of many jersey dress, sandals and kimono outfits - basically my summer maternity outfit uniform on repeat. :)

purple maternity dress and cream floral kimono 4
dress: Target maternity (exact, non-maternity option)  |  kimono: PinkBlush (really pretty alternative)  |  sandals: Target (cute alternative)  |  necklace: Stella & Dot (exact)  |  watch: Michael Kors (exact)  |  bracelet: Kendra Scott (similar)

purple maternity dress and cream floral kimono 5

Today makes exactly 22 weeks pregnant! Baby boy is approximately 11 inches, almost 1 pound and about the size of a spaghetti squash. I'm still feeling well, though I've resorted to a third pillow in the bed - much to my husband's dismay. One for the head, one to clutch and one between the knees - my husband calls them the "third wheel" because they have a tendency to take over. :) Aubrey's finally accepting her big sister fate and after many weeks of denial is starting to get excited about having a baby brother. She likes to point to my belly and tell me that "brother lives in there." So cute.

purple maternity dress and cream floral kimono 6 purple maternity dress and cream floral kimono 3 purple maternity dress and cream floral kimono 7 purple maternity dress and cream floral kimono 2

//  Sharing on Fabulous Friday. //

6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful kimono and it looks great with your dress and sandals. I am really liking your hair styled like this, too. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday! Hope to see you back this week.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet compliments. :) The best part about the hair is that it takes nothing to fix it. Just wash, scrunch and go. Thanks for hosting Fabulous Friday, I always love linking up!

      Delete
  2. You look great in this combo! Easy maternity wear!

    ReplyDelete